N2P Controls solved this problem by developing a fully-enclosed unit that held the right smarts to handle the job. It works like this:
- An LCD display shows the current On and Off time, what cycle is active and how much time is left on the current cycle
- The unit allows setting of asymmetric times ranging from 1s to 999m:59s
- An optional start/stop input to start the timing sequence
- An override input that will bypass the timing sequence and energise the output
- Fully-enclosed in a polycarbonate unit with flange mountings to allow easy installation
- The unit can be branded with a company logo or other information as required
The timed outlet controller ended up being very cost effective. The unit also exceeded the customer’s requirements and expectations resulting in a considerable order to run them as a standard unit in their larger treatment plants. We have had a significant response from businesses which has already led to other applications outside pumping.
One such application is for the in-line cleaning of filters. In this system, a pressure switch triggers the timer, which then activates the backwash sequence to clean the filters. After a defined period of time, the unit reverts the system back to normal operation; completely automating a process that had previously been done manually.